Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Checking in

Hi everyone! I wanted to check in and say thank you so much to everyone for all of your support and encouragement! It is truly an awesome feeling to have so many people sending well wishes my way! I appreciate it!

My scale said 470 today. I am hoping it's accurate, I had to contort myself and stand on one foot to get the numbers to stop moving, I was only touching the scale though, so, all of my weight was on it. Who knows! I had to special order a scale that could weigh me in the first place. When I ever so brilliantly stepped on the scale after eating Thanksgiving food non-stop for 2 days I weighed 489. At the time I took into consideration that I had been gorging myself for 2 days.

I had a traumatic event, for me, occur last night. I dropped my beloved i-pod touch into a sink full of soapy water. I immediately pulled it out, pulled off the cover, and dried it, I eventually placed it into a bowl of uncooked rice. My daughter laughed and said it looked like I was burying it, my sister told me on the phone to think of it more as a little rice ICU. Tomorrow I will take it out and see if it works. I am praying it does. I always said I didn't know what I would ever do if something happens to my i-pod touch. Well, now I know. I would try to save it, then I would spend 20 minutes sobbing hysterically and hyperventilating. Then, I would spend another 20 minutes sniffling, crying sporadically, and talking to myself. For the rest of the night I alternated between being normal and crying randomly. It seemed like everything I saw on the internet had a reference to i-pod touches.

Seems petty, huh? Something stupid to be so upset over? Probably so. It was more than just losing something I took with me everywhere and spoke so highly about. It was like a last straw to me. I sometimes joke that it's the only thing that keeps me sane, I read books on it all the time, I use the calculator, I play the games when I'm on hold (I am ALWAYS on hold!), I even listen to music on it! LOL. There are a million things I use it for daily. I felt like it was some sick joke that I would lose it. Things haven't gone so well for me lately in many ways. My kids have been putting me through hell. Finances have been pretty bad. The list goes on and on and on. Not only did I feel bad for the loss of my i-pod, I felt like it was just a last straw and a slap across the face.

There is good news though! I didn't want to stuff my face. I actually needed to eat because I had forgotten to eat lunch (I know..bad) so, I went and cut up boneless skinless chicken breast, mushrooms, zucchini, and Brussels sprouts (had to steam those first) and seasoned them with some black and red pepper, onion and garlic powder and ate a nice plate of yummy food. No binging, no eating junk. No desire to either! Yay! Then I actually finished my paper due in my class...with less than a minute to spare.

All hope is not lost for the I-pod, tomorrow it may work just fine. Maybe I'll get a rare full night's rest tonight, wake up without pain in the morning, and my i-pod will work again! Oh..and...maybe there will be a pot of gold sitting on my kitchen table! One can only hope!

In spite of it all, there is still much to be thankful for!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. I have a pretty close relationship with my ipod, so I can relate...:-) You are doing great. Just focus on living one day at a time and all of your healthy choices will add up. Congratulations on your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chicken and veggies sounds delicious! Congrats on a great day despite all the trauma. I wish you well for tomorrow, and the next day, and...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is going to be one of my favorites--I can tell! You have a knack for description--and a willingness to be real. :)

    Sorry about you ipod and I do hope it recovers. I also hope that the good cry relieved some pressure. sometimes it does.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got an iPhone and I'd sob hysterically too! I hope the rice trick worked!

    ReplyDelete