Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm being naughty!

Did that grab your attention? Sorry, I'm not really being naughty. At least, I don't think I am. I should do something naughty. Hmmmm. I thought I'd jump on and update my blog, something I haven't done in a while. It's ok, I have a ton of things on my "to do" list that are waiting patiently on me. I hope everyone in "reader" land is doing well. Ok, I just made that up, or, I think I did. Yet again, I'm seriously lacking on creativity.

Most news is good news, well, the more I think about it, not necessarily. But, news regarding me is mostly good. Normally I whine and complain about my aches and pains. They're still there, and I definitely still know how to whine. We opened up the center!!! It's quite an adjustment for me to be working there instead of home, and I've been putting in a lot of hours. Even though I come home exhausted and in pain, I'm very happy!!! I would love to get a whole day off though, I've been there on weekends doing things too. My husband works his full time job (3rd shift right now) and then goes out to the center and works full time (or more) hours, then sleeps for a couple of hours and does it all over again. On his 2 days off from his normal job, he spends HOURS at the center. I'm REALLY hoping we have the weekend off this week, I am pretty sure we'll end up working on the website and stuff if we aren't out there though, I know things will slow down more soon. We just opened it, there's A LOT to be done. I say "we", it's not ours, but, we've been a huge part of it. It's very exciting. We have high standards and concepts and stuff that will really make us stand out as the place to go. It's all about the kids. We have some ADORABLE kids there too!!!

During this time, my daughter decided to crash her car. That was one of those phone calls I never wanted to get, but, I can't complain because she was the person who called me, and she wasn't hurt. There are worse phone calls to get. It was a single car accident, and her fault. She seems to have learned A LOT from this experience, I hope she doesn't forget a single thing she's learned. I've been hoping and praying she learned/learns a lot and that she has another vehicle soon, or gets that one fixed. It happened right after she got hired at the center, which is 20 minutes away. Since she goes to school all day, I'm already there when she comes in after school. So, we're hoping we can work something out soon. She graduates in June, so, she has a lot going on now.

My mom is having cataract surgery on her left eye this week, the other eye is in another couple of weeks. Next week she has a shunt put in through her groin to go up in her heart and look around (I think that's what they're doing and how it works), they are thinking they may have to do open heart surgery on her. I talked to her last night and her boyfriend got put in the hospital the night before. They were thinking it was a UTI, believe it or not. For those who pray, I would appreciate as many prayers as I can get for everyone I mentioned.

My mother-in-law moving in with us has been a blessing for all of us. She's a blessing to us, and her being here is a blessing to her. She's SO much happier here. She's been doing SO much around here, she's been just amazing. I can't say enough good things about her, I try to make sure I tell her and show her how much I appreciate her. I had her move in with us to help her, who knew it would help everyone!

Well, I could ramble on about things for EVER because I'm good at rambling. However, it isn't interesting and eventually won't make sense at all. If I actually GO TO BED I might get some good sleep before that blasted alarm rudely awakens me TOO early in the morning!!! This morning I was sleeping SO well I didn't even know I was in my chair and not my bed!! My chair is normally not comfortable, but, when I finally got to sleep, I was down pretty hard. So, hopefully tonight I will sleep well once I get there!! :)
I hope everyone is well, thanks for the prayers for those that pray.
Ms X

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on that center getting opened -- that is awesome!! You sound really happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news on the center opening! It really brought back memories for me....a shudder too! I'm so glad it's you and not me! I loved it right up until I hated it.

    OMG! I'm so glad your daughter is OK. How scary for you!

    Oh my about your mom! Prayers coming for both of you.

    I'm glad your MIL's moving in is going smoothly. It can be a nightmare for sure. Love that it's smooth sailing for you!

    Glad you got some sleep even if it was in the chair!

    ReplyDelete