Monday, May 17, 2010

good..and bad...side effects

Update....after I took myself off the actos I was already down a few pounds the first few days. I went to the doctor and told him that I had taken myself off the actos and why. He did a few things on his laptop, said "I'll be back in a few" and left for several minutes. He comes back with some boxes and stuff and says "I have a deal for you" (or something like that). I said "Is that insulin?" He said "No, it's brand new, just on the market, one of the side effects is weight loss". I said "Is it a shot?" He said "yes". Long story short, he put me on victoza. I read the list of side effects, etc. So, I have been on the shot for several days. Not exactly feeling well today, but, I don't know if it's shot related or not. I was down another 5 pounds 2 days ago. With the actos I just pretty much stayed the same while I was taking it, after the initial weight gain, and eventual partial loss that is. For months my weight didn't move when it should have been, except the times I forgot to take it for a couple of days. So, anyway, time will tell. Weight loss isn't supposed to be a side effect till the 3rd week. I'm still in week 1. Another good thing is that moments of really low blood sugar don't occur on this med. I am still on metformin too, in fact, he increased it. I have a fasting blood test in 2 weeks. So, just some updates. I thank those of you who are still reading my blog, I really appreciate it!!!
MsX

1 comment:

  1. Well lady lou I'm glad you went to the doc! I hope this new drug works it's magic. Just hang in there...when the meds get right, your diet will work. I'll be here when it does. You're not getting rid of me!

    ReplyDelete